Thursday, April 12, 2007

Heart of Mine

I'm sitting in front of the television when all of a sudden a song comes up as I watched. I've heard the song over a dozen times before, and it never hit me quite like it did just now. And so I post the lyrics, because for the first time, they make sense to me... for the first time, the song has some significance in an uncanny way.

Heart of Mine

One day, you may find true love that will last forever and ever
'Till then you'll spend a lifetime wishing one together
You never thought she'd say goodbye
And you will never understand the reasons why

Heart of mine, how can you keep from dying
Stop reminiscing, who is she kissing
Heart of mine, oh what's the use in trying
No one can mend you now

Love plays cruel games
You can't believe she's found another lover
Does she miss me
Sometimes you just can't help but wonder

No you can't hold the hands of time
And you will always be the one she left behind

No comments: