Monday, May 07, 2007

Infinity

What is infinity? While I was lost in the muddled-up mess that is my thoughts, an idea came to me. Infinity. Infinity as an idea. That all-elusive number that will always be one more than we can possibly count. It's that distance an inch more than we can travel. It's that time, a moment more than our lives. Infinity is an ideal. It is something we can never reach. Forever. But why do we have such an impassable number or distance? From my experiences, we have "infinity" because there are just some things that no matter how hard we try, how much we give, how long we wait... will always be just out of reach. As long as we can come up with something to get as closer to it, the more it resists and all the more further it moves away. It taunts us to try harder. It moves us to be stronger. It motivates us to aim higher. But as long as we have a goal, infinity will be just a bit more beyond it.

Some things in life are just infinitely out of reach. And the only thing that can go through infinity is our dreams - dreams that fade the moment we open our eyes.

Seeing infinity has opened my eyes to just how limited I am.

No comments: