Saturday, May 05, 2007

Perhaps it is time

A time to say goodbye.

It's kind of hard, but these things are usually inevitable. Nothing is permanent anyway, and most things change in time, whether we want them to or not. And not all of the changes are good. Maybe this is the proper time. I've done all I can, and perhaps a bit more than required. But I couldn't just stop mid-flight and say, "I quit." We all draw a line at what's important to us, we never cross that line. We try our best so we won't regret. But why do I still feel regret at all of this? Have I not tried my best? God knows I held on far longer than people tell me I should. Maybe it's a sign of my weakness that I cannot hold on to my ideals, to what I value. But all things end.

Don't worry, things aren't so bad. Tomorrow will be much worse.

No comments: