Sunday, September 26, 2004

Maybe

Sometimes, I wonder how my life would have turned out if I had done some things differently. This question bothers me sometimes. What would my life be like if I had done something so insignificant at the time, like say, stay 5 minutes longer in school, or even walk a different path to someplace. Perhaps I'd have the same life, perhaps not. Perhaps I'd be a completely different person. Perhaps I'd have better grades. Perhaps I'd have more friends.

So many possibilities, and yet this is my life now. I can't go back to choose different choices. And if I could, I might even do the same things. At least I know what their outcomes are because I've lived through them.

I'd like to think I'm contented with my life, but it could be better. It could always be better no matter how good life gets. In a way, life has no limits. Only the person sets his own limits. Perhaps, I made good choices, perhaps I made bad ones, but the truth of the matter is, its all a matter of perspective. I hate that I'm introverted, sometimes. But if I had been different in any way, I wouldn't have met the people I know today. I may not have the same wonderful friends I have now if I had a different personality.

But then again, if I had been more confident, maybe I would've talked to "her" already. Maybe "she" would've liked me. Maybe we could have been more than just mere strangers. Maybe...

1 comment:

naivete said...

i guess that's why there's a saying that goes something like "the choices you make today builds the 'house' you live in tomorrow" hehe live life with no regrets nyahaha