Sunday, February 12, 2006

Another disappointment

Somewhat a long time coming.. occassional friendships. I've heard this discussed during one of our many lectures in theo class under Fr. Dacanay. Basically, he said that some friendships are just temporary, or "on occassion." Like when you share the same class, the same horrible teacher, the same schedule, anything that can be common. The bond that results only lasts for as long as the common thing exists. In the case of an event, once it's over, well, it's all over. I guess its like that of people. People try to find a group to belong to, even a group of two. Just to belong to something. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of such a thing - I am, sometimes. And I'm not proud of it. And when that happens, people get used. Just depends on the level of "usage" or that of the need to belong. I feel like I'm on the short end of the stick most of the time though. I'm finding out that I need people more than they need me.

I don't like this notion of occassional friendships. It makes it sound as if a friendship is just merely a commodity to be used and discarded, like a disposable comfort blanket. But then I also wonder why some people treat friendships so haphazardly. It is that common to them that they treat it as if it were nothing? Some don't even mean to do what they do. Friends are so easy to find, yet are very hard to keep. And good friends are rarer still.

I can't understand why all of this happen. Will somebody please explain it to me?

***

The nicest and kindest ones are the people who can inflict the most cruel of wounds.

No comments: