Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Day After Christmas

Ok, so it's the day after Christmas. I survived another one. Somehow, Christmas gets a little bit harder to survive each year. It seems like every year, the Spirit just lessens more and more. And this year was a special one too, a much colder Christmas. Especially after everything I went through so close to the season. Sometimes just laughing all about it is the only way not to cry. If this was the season to be merry, then why am I not happy? Hey, maybe it's just because of who I am. That might be true. But there has got to be a deeper explanation for feeling hollow on special days like this.

The trouble with love is
It can tear you up inside
Make your heart believe a lie
It's stronger than your pride
The trouble with love is
It doesn't care how fast you fall
And you can't refuse the call
See, you got no say at all

Maybe this Christmas was what I needed. A time to feel so lonely so that maybe, just maybe, when the new year arrives. I'd be more grateful for the year that passed. It was a memorable year, that's true. But sad events can be memorable too, maybe more so than the happy ones...

No comments: