Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Christmas party

Last night, I went to the Celadon Christmas party somewhere in Pasig. It was on the third floor beside a pool and two buildings, all planted on a single two-floor structure. I had hoped it would be on the highest floor again so that I could get some wind on the outside deck or something... on the positive side, at least the elevator ride wasn't that long.

I sort of enjoyed the christmas party last year a bit more. Probably because there were more people back then. But it was still ok. It seems that as I get older, I'm not so easliy amused anymore. Things that used to make me smile before, now hardly elicits any response. Just like the party, maybe. But its the same with christmas in general too. And the new year. I'm not really looking forward to it as enthusiastically as before. Why is that?

Back to the christmas party.

Well, the party itself ended a bit early. I estimated earlier that it would end sometime after midnight, but apparently not. By 11:00 or so, it was over. sigh. A lot of things seem to be like that these days - they last long enough. Like candy for instance; one moment they're there, the next moment, they're gone. hehehe.

But seriously, things are indeed changing. The christmas party, the new year, factors for happiness, the amount of candy on the table... makes you wonder which one is next. Might just wake up one day and realize: nothing is familiar anymore.

No comments: