Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Post Christmas: Birth of a Self

This Christmas, I had been sick, so I didn't really get to do much of anything. I woke up at around 11:00, had lunch, went back to sleep at around 1:00, woke up again at 6:00 ate dinner, and slept at 12:00. All in all, I was just awake for 8 hours. My Christmas was just 8 hours long. If that isn't a loss..., well nevermind.

I'm getting somewhat better now. No more fever at least. Hope to be nice and healthy before the new year arrives. I wouldn't want to start the year feeling miserable - I'm miserable enough as it is throughout the year. And I don't want to start feeling miserable that early.

From this point on, I'm gonna create an alter-ego. It seems that my mood swings wildly sometimes and I've been having trouble reigning it in, so I might as well do what I can to help myself. In order to balance the pessimistic views I usually have about life, I'm going to create a personality that is much more optimistic than I usually am. I'll call him Gerard. And from now on, every post will have a signature from either one of us. Might make some more "people" later, but for now, two of us should be enough.

-Michael

Cheer up! Life is what you make of it. I'll try my best to balance out everything. You can't always worry about the bad stuff; if you do, then you won't notice when the good ones do arrive.
-Gerard

No comments: