Monday, November 28, 2005

On my own..

from Les Miserables

And now I'm all alone again.
Nowhere to turn, no one to go to.
Without a home, without a friend,
Without a face to say hello to.
And now the night is near
I can make believe [she's] here.

Sometimes I walk alone at night
When everybody else is sleeping.
I think of [her] and I'm happy
With the company I'm keeping.
The city goes to bed,
And I can live inside my head.

On my own,
Pretending [she's] beside me.
All alone,
I walk with [her] till morning.
Without [her],
I feel [her] arms around me.
And when I lose my way I close my eyes
And [she] has found me.

In the rain,
The pavement shines like silver.
All the lights
Are misty in the river.
In the darkness,
The trees are full of starlight.
And all I see is [her] and me forever.
And forever.

And I know it's only in my mind,
That I'm talking to myself and not to [her].
And although I know that [she] is blind
Still I say, there's a way for us.

I love [her].
But when the night is over,
[She] is gone,
The river's just a river.
Without [her],
The world around me changes;
The trees are bare and everywhere
The streets are full of strangers.

I love [her],
But every day I'm learning:
All my life
I've only been pretending.
Without me
[Her] world would go on turning,
A world that's full of happiness
That I have never known.

I love [her],
But only on my own...

No comments: