Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006

What can I say? Another year has passed. And as each year passes by, I sometimes wonder whether the things that happened were meant to happen. Surely not everything.. but then again, there's no way of telling.

As I watched the fireworks go off in my own corner of the sky, I couldn't help but feel.. heavy inside. Not from burdens or problems, but from sheer emotions. It seems like everything from the past year came flooding back to me as each rocket died in a spectacular display of light. Each flash, each sparkle, each note in the staccatto of sound brought back a deluge from the past. And as moments ticked away, emotions piled up. And then, as the clock struck 12, the heaviness vanished. Although the feelings and memories were still there, they already seemed part of the unchangeable past. And there's nothing that can be done.

In the early hours of 2006, a few more thoughts come to mind. I've learned of some things that are quite difficult to take right now.. But I guess I'll cope, as I always have.

No comments: