Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Simple Things

I just got home from the COA formsem that lasted 4 days. I've had sleep for only a total of around 10 hours out of the 108 hours since I woke up last Saturday until right now. So, please forgive the mistakes I'm sure to make.

At first I was very much afraid to go to the formsem as a proxy for our president in ASEC. I knew that all who would be attending would be mostly presidents themselves, while I'm only a VP. I was very much intimidated. But soon after I arrived, I got to know a few of the people. And quite soon after, I felt at ease already. I wasn't as tense as before, I even laughed and joked around with people I barely knew. I remembered the simple joys of friendship which I thought I had forgotten. It does feel nice to make new friends. It's one of the simple things in life, yet I had forgotten about it. I was so caught up in the moment that one of my goals then was to meet and get to know everyone there. Ofcourse, I didn't reach my goal, but I got to know a whole new bunch of people. I got to know people from my cluster, Andrew from AIESEC and Lyra from the Assembly. I got to know people outside my cluster too like, Bernice(who reminded me somewhat of Da, because of the mannerisms and such), Jake(very disturbing behavior, haha), Jor-el(MEA), Charson(AMA), Bev(MISA), Yda(na may legendary "Killers" wink, haha), Nikki, Geo-Ann, Jaypee, Dino, Nats(sobrang passionate and mabilis magsalita, haha), Charles, Mark, Jason(LM), and a lot of other people whose names seem to have eluded me(I'm sorry guys!). I wish I could've known them more, but I should be thankful just as well for knowing them as I did. I'm so happy I made new friends.

My time there was surreal. Not only did I get to know new people, I was also surrounded by the top leaders in Ateneo. All of them(more or less) are presidents of their orgs, and I just can't help but feel a sense of awe whenever I realized that. I knew that each one of them was a dedicated individual, chosen among many, and formators of people in their own right. I was surrounded by so much drive for exellence, so much dedication, so much potential, that I can't help but feel lucky for being there.

So now that I know the presidents of a host of other orgs, their organizations now bring new meaning to me. Now they aren't just organizations anymore; now, they have faces to match - face and character of their figure-head. And so, I've decided to join a few more orgs this coming year. It might be a tall order, but I'm willing to work hard for it. After all, I can't let my new friends down, while making sure that I don't forget about my other responsibilities. Hahaha.

It's going to ba a fun year ahead, and quite possibly very stressful too. Hahaha. Bring it on!!!

No comments: