Monday, August 22, 2005

Gradual Change

It's one of those things that creeps up on you. Things have been changing lately, and it's scary. Although a lot of good changes have happened, I can't seem to help but wonder how many changed to a not-so-good state ever so slowly that I failed to notice them. Or maybe I'm just up to my pessimism again. Either way, I'm not too happy about it. In a sense, these gradual changes prove that things do change, and like it or not, some aren't always for the better. I've spoken about drift before, and it's the same thing. It's the tiny movements that you hardly notice until it's a long way from you already. It's the things that grow smaller and smaller everyday that eventually disappears without you ever knowing. It's the tiny amount of poison that kills you ever so slowly as each day passes.

Something must have happened.

Right now there is change happening. Whether it is good or bad remains to be seen, but I'm worried nonetheless. Worried of what I might lose ever so slowly, worried about the outcome of the change. What chimera would turn out this time? What visage awaits the morning light? As darkness is uncovered, will I discover myself to be alone again? Will I be the only one standing here when I thought otherwise? The signs are vague, and very much mixed. Words changed, and worlds changed.

When I wake up tomorrow, will everything still be the same?

No comments: