Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Unfortunate

I once saw a friend outside school, and I realized I haven't seen the person for quite a while. I've known the person for a long time now, and yet, it seems we hardly knew each other at all. Why is that? I've known others for a far lesser amount of time, and yet some of them are closer to me than this person that I saw. I just find it so unfortunate. This seems like a vaguely familiar topic, and it is. I've written about how people develop friendships with each other and how some don't quite work so well. I've written and thought about it so many times. But I'm still far from finding the reasons why they happen. I haven't even begun scratching the surface.

What can I do about it? I don't know. I feel like a leaf getting blown through the air in this. I have no control of where I'm going and I have no way of telling how long I'll be flying. What happens in that span of time is different each time that there's no way of knowing the correct path until you've gone through it.

Looking back to that event, I'm now wondering how many times I passed by someone and didn't bother waving at the person. How many friends do I have, that have become strangers to me? How many people have I forgotten, their names buried in memories and time?

No comments: