Friday, September 09, 2005

Something to think about

Everything's a rush..

Sometimes I don't know what real anymore. Here I go again with another vague entry.. but when has my life ever been NOT vague? It seems ambiguity and existence go hand-in-hand in my case. So many uncertainties and doubts that I really can't be sure of what I'm sure of. I'm bombarded with mercurial things and there's just no making sense of it. Right now I'm trying to weigh a lot of things. It just seems that some things are hard to shake off, like some things..

But enough of the vagueness for now, or at least a lessening of it. I'm trying to figure out for myself how some things fit "the big picture." A lot of events happen that I really can't fit into a generic model of "good" or "bad." Everything just falls on a shade of gray. I guess that's how everything goes, but how am I supposed to react to that? If it's good, then I should be happy. If it's bad, then I should act accordingly. But what of gray? Is there also a predetermined action for those type of events? In the course of this wondering, I've come upon something I've heard of before. I don't know where it came from, but it helped me cope a bit with the gray area.

Live. And let live.

Such a simple statement. Live. It tells you to go on with life, despite what may be happening. Life doesn't stop when you stop to think, it goes on. It doesn't care if you can't catch up. Live. Don't waste life, no matter what cards you're dealt with. But at the same time, try not to be vindictive or resentful. Let live. Yours is your life, but others'. Let live. Being dealt a bad hand doesn't mean wishing others to have a worse hand than yours. Let other people decide what they want, not what you want. In the end, you're not only responsible for what you make of your life, you're also responsible in letting others decide for themselves what they want out of their lives.

Live. And let live.

This has to be one of my most "positive" entries to date. I guess I did learn something from that little statement above. Or maybe it's just an easier alternative to thinking what to believe in a very vague world..

No comments: