Thursday, March 10, 2005

A Tiny Voice

Yesterday had been a tough day, and I thought that I had nothing left in me anymore. But it turns out that there was something left. And when I think about it, everytime I felt like giving up, there would always be something left in me that tells me to hold on. Sometimes the voice is so soft and subtle that I only hear it in the interim before sleep, where consciousness gently fades. And then I feel okay again. Somehow. Is that the genuine human Will, that voice telling you to go on when you think you can't? Maybe. But I'm thankful for it. I had said that I've given up. But that didn't happen. I held on to something I couldn't see and I'm still here. I hope that voice never goes quiet. I hope that it will always be there, telling me I can move forward, when everything else is telling me otherwise. I guess everybody needs that. Yeah, we all need that.

No comments: