Saturday, March 26, 2005

Broken Threads


How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand there is no going back. There are some things that time can not mend. Some hurts that go too deep... that have taken hold.
- Frodo, Return of the King

It's been a while since my last entry. I haven't written anything, partly because I have nothing to write about - nothing new anyway. It's still the same old boring life, but much more boring now that there's no school to stimulate my mind. It's quite depressing having so much free time to think. There's nothing to distract myself with. And for the people who know me well enough, free time could lead me into some very odd thoughts indeed. Well, not really odd. More of melancholic in a sense. Sometimes I remind myself of Edgar Allan Poe, except that I don't drink. But inspiration pretty much comes the same way. Oh well, that's life.

So what have I come up with lately? Nothing important, I suppose. I just got very fond of what Frodo said towards the end of the movie, Return of the King. It's what I wrote at the start of this whole entry. I really couldn't agree more with what he said then. I guess a lot of people would. Maybe its the sentiment of regret.. maybe. It's something we ask ourselves at some point in our lives. I've asked myself a similar question countless times over the years, and I doubt if I'll ever stop asking myself that in the future. But now at least I have an answer, even if it still isn't a complete one. My answer? You just do. Call it Will or a certain drive to live and move on, anything. No matter how difficult times might get, people move forward. Some just take a longer time in doing so. I guess its because you know that there really is no going back. Maybe it's the lack of choices that drive people forward. It isn't a complete answer yet, and it may still change. But for now, I think it would do. For now anyway. We'll see what happens in the future.

No comments: