Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Lunaris Umbra

Yesterday, I stopped by the field again on my way home. I looked up and saw moon, a little hazy from the clouds. There seemed a crown of sorts enveloping it in the middle of the darkness. It glowed so eerily, so beautifully, and so sadly. It was moments from being full and yet I knew that it wouldn't happen tonight.

Today, I passed by the field again and looked up at the moon. Tonight, there are no clouds. And I didn't see any stars then. The entire sky was dark, save for the spherical beacon. It was full then, complete. No clouds to obscure its splendor. And no stars to share the sky with. It looked so alone up in the sky. But it didn't seem out of place. It belonged there. It was in it's element.

Why do am I writing about the moon all of a sudden? Maybe because it is often related to stories of insanity. And a lot of things in my life right now could only be described as.. insane.

No comments: