Saturday, February 19, 2005

Turning a new page..

Phantom of the Opera was a very good movie. It was a musical so I was surprised at first, but as the movie progressed, I found myself enthralled and drawn in. Maybe it was too much for me. I found it really difficult to speak afterwards. And everytime I remember the songs, I feel goosebumps coursing through my flesh. Why did the Phantom evoke such emotions? I tried to pinpoint the source, but it eluded me. Last night, I had Mic drop me off along Katipunan instead of my house so that I'd have time to think while walking. It even entered my mind to go inside the campus and sit on one of the stone benches beside the field just so I could think. But I decided against it. And as I walked home, I can't help but feel hopeless. But the walk was too short, nothing was resolved. And yet I can't seem to say what exactly troubles me. I think the Phantom residing in me was brought out by the Phantom I saw in the movie. Everyone has phantoms, I guess - a lesser shade of themselves that the world has abandoned, and has abandoned the world in response.

---

I've been sad for far too long. There were times that I've completely lost sight of day, and believed that there was only night. But I can see better now. I don't know how, but I do. Somehow. I'm managing, slowly evolving, and steadily changing. Most of my friends before tell me that I'm not the same as I used to. They say I'm better now at expressing myself, communicating, and interacting with people. I guess they're right. My emergence into the world is slowly happening. I've discovered that my introverted score on the MBTI test is slowly diminishing and my extroversion score is rising. Steadily. Maybe now's the time to turn a new page in my life's book. A new start. A new beginning. A new life. After all, I can always look back to the pages I've written. So from now on, there is a new "me." I'll try to be more happy now. It's easy to find reasons to be happy, I just didn't bother looking before. But there are enough reasons. And if ever I falter in this resolve now and then, please let me know. Remind me of this promise I now make: I will never be completely alone as long as I keep my friends in my heart.

---

I just read something someone wrote. And it just made me wonder the same thing as what the person thought. How far would anyone go for my sake? How much will anyone risk for me? To what degree is anyone willing to sacrifice because of me?

As was mentioned by the person, it's idealistic, but deep inside wouldn't you want to know too? Just how much value others give to you? (pang pump ng Ego, hahaha)

*if meron may gusto, I'm in the mood for writing palancas. Ego booster anyone? haha. Just tell me. ;p

No comments: