Saturday, January 29, 2005

Cyrano de Bergerac

This past week was really riddled by tests and reports. Thankfully, tapos na. So this coming week, I want to do something fun, like maybe live a little. I've decided that I'm going to watch the Sibol play, Cyrano de Bergerac. Back when I was in highschool, I really loved that particular play. In fact, I think I saw it 7 or 8 times! What made me watch it that much? Perhaps its that I can somehow relate with Cyrano. Cyrano has a really large nose, and so he believes that he has to perform well enough in anything so that the spotlight will be in his talents and not on his nose. All he's really doing is hiding what he doesn't want others to see. But then, aren't we all hiding something? And the worst thing about it is that he's in love with this girl, but is too ashamed of his nose. So he passes his words to Christian and she eventually falls in love with him. And poor Cyrano, what he must have felt then! Many times, I just stay quiet and watch things unfold. Unfortunately for me, doing so means that there won't be any doors opening for me. I can't even tell those who I care for...

Anyway, enough of that! I want to watch Cyrano again. I might go see it this coming Friday. Anyone who wants to come along? I'd hate to watch it alone.. the jokes aren't as fun as when you're laughing with your friends. Sama kayo ok? Tell me na lang.. it's this Friday, 6:30pm. It's a great play, I promise.

No comments: