Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A passing thing..

Life is a passing thing they say. And I can see that somehow. Everything is in constant change, and sometimes I find it hard to follow. What "used to be", today isn't. What "wasn't then" is now. My surroundings change, people change, grades CONSTANTLY change, nothing stays the same for long. And it's easy to get lost in all these changes. Very soon, Colayco will be demolished, and I would then be "homeless" (Won't anyone adopt me?). In a few months, my sophomore year will end. In a year, I'll be 21. In a decade, I'd be working (I hope!). In a century, I'd be dead.
It's very easy to let the current take you - all you have to do is let go. But there is no way of telling where it will carry you; whether it takes you to open sea, or through turbulent rapids, or calm lakes, shallow streams, underground cisterns, or drop you down a waterfall.

Right now, I don't know where I'm at. The daily "up's" and "down's" I experience don't seem that lively anymore. I'm reduced to letting myself be carried away by an unrelenting current. If only someone would reach out to show me life above the water again - to see the sky and breathe the air. Or else I'm just a passing thing....

No comments: