Monday, January 24, 2005

Death Passing

I thought I had the worst of the day already. It turns out that wasn't it. There were more, but I won't dwell on those things here. There's another place for that.
I'm reminded of death again. My brother's classmate just passed away, and my brother was hit really hard. It pains me to see other people cry or feel sad, especially if they are people I know. The death was so sudden that it certainly caught everyone by surprise. It was aneurysim.
It made me think about how frail life is.. again. And of my own mortality. I don't enjoy dwelling on death, but the events of today made me. I sometimes wonder how death would claim me, when it eventually does. I may sometimes dream of living forever, but I'm not that crazy to believe it would really happen.
When I die, would I die peacefully or go down fighting? Would I die old in bed, or young and healthy? It might not be for a very long time, but then again, it may be tomorrow. And when I die, will anyone even miss me... much less shed a tear?

No comments: