Wednesday, January 26, 2005

A pleasant surprise.

Today was a breath of fresh air. Japanese and Stat longtests are over and the CS midterms is done. All I'm waiting for now is the Stat midterms on Friday. There's a sense of relief over knowing that something stressful is over...

I'm also quite proud of myself for finishing the Swing sequence in today's ballroom practice. But perhaps I still need a LOT of work before I get anywhere, as Mic and Char would testify to it. I was really so clueless that Char did all the leading and I followed as best as I could with my two left feet. But it was fun nonetheless. Anyway, let me expound on this a bit more. I really don't know anything about dancing, that's why I never got to the point of learning it. Plus, I easily get distracted by music and people, so that's unfortunate too since dancing involves both. And having spent a great deal of my early years in an all-boys grade school and high school, I do get uneasy when it comes to "contact" with the other half of the population. But despite all these apprehensions, I still want to learn a bit of it. And having experienced some of it today, I'd say that it was really quite fun. Now I know why people like to dance. It's... exhilirating, especially getting the moves just right. I hope I really do learn. It's also a way of conquering some of my fears. I'm looking forward to the next session. Maybe I'll have better luck then? Haha.

Hmm... something very interesting happened today. An unexpected surprise. Was it fate? Well this was one day I'm glad fate intervened. It was a pleasant surprise, and one that I will definitely remember. Hehehe. I bet this would brighten up my day for days to come.

No comments: