Sunday, January 09, 2005

Personal poems

Sting of Time
July 6, 2003

Memories
Forgotten memories,
Long lost within the mind.
They surge up through the deep abyss
To smother all my thoughts
To extinguish all my dreams
To keep me on the brink of sleep
And haunt me as it seems.
They sing of countless failures,
They dance to broken hearts,
They frolic on my misery
And just won't let me be.
And in the guise of joy,
I opened my arms to woe.
I hugged so tight
I never felt the dagger hit me so.
And as I stand here bleeding,
A heartbeat from collapse
Where one strong gust can knock me down
And never let me up,
I see the world around me
Unveiled for one last time
And with it all the glory
I never seem to find.


Tears of the Moon
March 1, 2003

When the day has finally ended
And the sun has fallen from the sky,
The moon shall rise before me
And greet me with a sigh,
For she has seen the sorrow
That has visited my eye,
And though she tries to hide it,
It was clear that she did cry.
So for the tears, I thank thee,
O moon up there so high
And pray you won't be saddened more
If my heart should ache to die.


-Michael

No comments: