Sunday, January 16, 2005

Weekend...

I'll try to be as coherent as possible since I haven't slept for the past 29 hours...

I just came home from the Leadership Development Program of Celadon, at least the first part of it. It was very tiring, but fun nonetheless. As any leadership seminar goes, it gave important info on becoming a good leader, among other stuff. What I really enjoyed from it were the different experiences and nice insights.

First of all, the best thing the LDP gave me was the chance to meet new people, and I met quite a lot (although I'm really very bad with remembering names and I probably don't remember more than half the names I should). Very nice people, they were. And it was quite a big step for me since I'm what you could call "quiet." The truth is, I'm surprised myself. I'm not a very "people" person so I have a hard time talking to others whom I don't know yet, thus giving me trouble with making friends. Fortunately for me, a lot of people I met were so nice and open that I didn't have trouble making friends with them.

The second best thing the LDP gave me is a collection of insights that are really quite... insightful. It made me see almost everything in a new light. I learned that the reason we're a poor country is that there are many things we can do, but that we are too afraid to attempt it. It makes me think of the many wasted opportunities I've had. In a sense, it is true. I tend to spend too much time "thinking" and not enough time to actually "doing."

I better cut it here for now. I can barely keep my eyes open and my head is already dipping every so often. I'm going to rest for a while.

-Michael

No comments: