Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Looking Back to Tomorrow

Sometimes I wish that I could manipulate time somehow; shorten hours to seconds and stretch moments to last forever. Sometimes I wish I could step out of my world and look at it in detail from a different perspective, to study it. Maybe then it can give me clues on how to live in it. I've made a lot of mistakes in the past and I'm certain that I'll make more in the future. I've learned a lot about life too, although there are much, much more I still haven't learned. I've been hurt physically, mentally, and emotionally; and that's just the beginning of pain for me. I've made friends and I've lost friends. I've seen good days and I've seen bad days. I've lost hope so many times, and yet I've also found it in the most unlikely places. I've tried to remember every moment I have, and I've also tried to forget them. I've also fallen in love before.. and fallen out of it. And what really both scares me and at the same time brings me a smile, is that these things will happen again. Those feelings and emotions I've experienced before will occur once more.

I'm not afraid of them very much, except for one thing I've never managed to overcome. And that is the pain that falling in love brings. For everything that brings me happiness can also bring me sorrow when whatever it is, is taken away. There are a lot of things I'm afraid of losing, and...
...is one of them.

(clarification: The last line doesn't really denote a person. It might, someday, but I left it blank because there are so many things I can't live without. One of those would be my identity...)

No comments: